Saskatchewan Soccer is governed by a Board of Directors elected each year at the annual general meeting. This is Saskatchewan Soccer's Board of Directors for 2020-2021.
A Message from the Chair of Nominations, Kelly Rawlings
(PDF Letter for sharing)
I am writing on behalf of the Board of Directors of Saskatchewan Soccer Association (SSA) to request that the information below concerning nominations to the SSA Board be circulated widely within your organization. The Nominations Committee invites nominations for 6 available positions in 2021.
SSA is dedicated to developing the sport of soccer for all, through innovative policies and quality programs. Our primary objectives are to promote participation, enhance development, provide service at all levels, and to govern the sport of soccer in the province of Saskatchewan. SSA is governed by a Board of Directors, consisting of a maximum of up to 12 Directors, who are elected at our Annual General Meeting, which will be held on March 20, 2021 in Saskatoon. SSA has a governing Board which delegates the day-to-day operations, including soccer programming to SSA management and staff. The Board's primary functions are: Board development, approval of SSA Member Organizations, policy development, strategic planning, financial oversight, risk identification and management, and selection and evaluation of the Executive Director.
AN OPEN AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The SSA Board of Directors has developed a process to recruit Board candidates that is open and transparent. The process works as follows:
1) A Nomination Form (Fillable PDF
) is completed by the Nominator. (Please note: Download a version of the Fillable PDF document onto your own desktop, prior to filling out the form)
2) Nominees will complete a Director-Candidate Information (Fillable PDF
) form which confirms that their acceptance of the nomination and details their background, education and experience to support their Nomination. (Please note: Download a version of the Fillable PDF document onto your own desktop, prior to filling out the form) PLEASE NOTE: Both documents must be received by the Chair of the SSA Nominations Committee by the DEADLINE: December 15, 2020.
3) Candidates that complete all requirements by the deadline will be sent the Introduction to the SSA and other supporting documents which outlines information about the SSA, its mission, strategic priorities and the responsibilities and expectations of Directors of the SSA.
4) A meeting with Director-Candidates will be held by January 15, 2021.This meeting will be a chance for the Candidate to develop a clear understanding about the nature and extent of the commitment that is required of an SSA Director and to ask any questions they may have. Each candidate needs to confirm that their first responsibility in soccer is to the SSA Board of Directors, with all other forms of soccer participation being secondary. As per SSA and CSA bylaws: To ensure that there is no conflict of loyalty no director of the Saskatchewan Soccer Association shall hold simultaneously a position of director of another organization which is a member of the SSA.
5) Pending the completion of these meetings the Board considers all Nominations and based on specific skill competencies it requires recommends the slate of candidates for presentation to the Annual General Meeting.
A DIVERSE BOARD
SSA considers it vitally important to achieve diversity in the composition of its Board of Directors. We wish to attract individuals with diverse backgrounds, expertise and experience from across the province. We are looking for individuals who will add value, enhancing the current Board composition with needed skill sets that will support the strategic responsibilities of the Board. After having studied the composition of the current Board, our Nominations Committee has determined the Board is both diverse and skilled, but seeks to recruit individuals primarily with a legal background, either as a sitting Board Member or in an advisory capacity, and individuals with strong ties to the business/corporate community. Other areas of focus include:
|Communications, Public relations, Marketing |
|Connections to new networks or the corporate and business community |
|Business, Accounting, Policy Development |
|Non-profit governance |
|Strategic Planning |
Six Board positions are up for election, the Board fully supports competition for each position. We invite nominees who may contribute on the Board to put their name forward. All individuals with a desire to make a contribution to the growth of the Association are welcome. The primary criterion is a genuine interest and commitment to contributing to the governance of the game for the betterment of the Association on a provincial level.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please do not hesitate to contact me via email
Chair, Nominations Committee, Board of Directors
Saskatchewan Soccer Association